Sunday, April 26, 2009

March 2009: End of the First Trimester - First Pics of Baby El

From El the Embryo


So here I am showing off my new belly. Although this outfit totally makes me look prego, I could still hide it if I wanted to... but I love already showing it off. This picture was taken at week 14 (end of March), by now I have already gained 10 lbs and my hips have spread so I am more wide than round. A bit different than with Zane...

We have already had two ultrasounds, one at week 9 (routine) and one at week 13 (for genetic testing purposes). All results came back within the normal range, looks like Baby El is off to a good start. Whether it is a girl or boy, Baby El is quite attractive -- in that ultrasound grey pixel image kind of way. =)

Week 9 ultrasound: you can see the beautiful big head, arm and leg buds. 1.65cm long
From El the Embryo


Week 13 ultrasound: What a difference 4 weeks makes, look at her long legs. 7cm or ~2.75 inches long.

From El the Embryo

3 comments:

The Crosley Family said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad you began the 2nd baby blog! And I never understood where El came from (even though you told me on the phone but it was sort of scratchy). I've been trying to figure it out since then. Don't you find out if Baby El is a girl or boy this week?

The Gus, The Dianna and The Zane said...

May 11 is our 20 week ultrasound day...

Kerri C Bobbett said...

Yay!!! How wonderful! Congrats on baby #2! I don't know if Chris let you know that we actually just had our 3rd baby 7 weeks ago. I hope all is well with you and your pregnancy. Isn't it amazingly different the second time around? :) All our love to you all!